A Writer’s View
Posted by T.A. Babcock
I need to remember that I’m a writer more often. Several times recently, things haven’t gone as planned…in a major way. And this literary device would have helped me deal with it – plot twist!
Imagine if every time we have something go wrong, or go off track, we think that there’s something in the universe causing us to take a meaningful turn. And it’s not a bad thing. Think of your favorite story – I’m sure somewhere in there is a little shift in the plot you weren’t expecting. One of my writer’s books even says that when you aren’t sure what to write in a scene, look at where the characters are and have the most absurd thing occur or have something happen to the character that will surprise the reader. It makes the story more interesting and the character may end up in a whole new ending from what was planned. And I think that’s how we need to look at upsets or craziness in our lives – they’re just plot twists!
XO – T.
Tell Your Friends!
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Print & PDF (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)